- Reduction in stress levels
- Increase in physical strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Enhanced self-awareness and mind-body integration
- Strengthened immunity
- Regulation of emotions and an ability to manage them
- Improved ability to live presently
- Improved restful sleep
Done in a holistic therapy program that includes a group setting, yoga can instill a sense of peace and calm. This helps the recovering addict or trauma victim–particularly–to quiet their mind and cope with challenging situations, triggers, and stress.